Train-the-Trainer Boot Camp
This is a highly engaging and interactive two-day workshop which explores how any trainer can increase involvement and learning retention by using the instructor led/participant-centred approach to training.
This program will provide value for trainers of all ages and experience levels. Seasoned trainers will learn new ways to engage and enliven audiences with 102 alternatives to lecture and those new to the training profession will obtain a great foundation on how to use creative training techniques to attract and maintain the interest of their audiences. This is a workshop designed to free participants from boring and unproductive sessions and unlock the true potential of every group.
Ultimately, it is a fun, fast-paced, 'how-to' driven workshop, which promises dozens of innovative techniques and activities that can be immediately applied to the participants' own training situations. Furthermore, the Train-the-Trainer Boot Camp offers extensive world-class research to support the models and techniques experienced, thus providing the 'know how' with the 'how to'!
MRWED are the exclusive Australian Licensees for the Train-the-Trainer Boot Camp and are proud to offer this two-day program, which has become the world's most respected train-the-trainer program. To date, more than 200,000 participants have attended worldwide and are now benefiting from dramatically improved design and delivery in their own training programs. The Boot Camp has its origins in the best-selling book The Creative Training Techniques TM Handbook by Bob Pike, which has sold over 300,000 copies globally. Bob is the pioneer of the participant-centred approach which forms the basis of the Boot Camp learning experience.
What is Participant-Centered Training?
The key focus in the participant-centred training is to assist participants in developing their own answers through applying tools and techniques, using reference materials and tapping into their own resources (as well as those of their colleagues) to reach solutions that work in the training session as well as on the job. Our participant-centred methods provide a supportive environment for participant exploration and discovery, so the insights they gain will truly be theirs, as well as the self-confidence that comes from those discoveries.
With the participant-centred techniques modelled in this workshop you can:
- Increase retention by more than 90%
- Decrease design and training time by more than 25%
- Increase training transfer rates by 75%
- Appeal to all adult learning styles
- Get the interaction dynamics of a small group even in sessions with several hundred attendees
Participants will learn how to:
- Decrease training time while improving results.
- Cut preparation time by 50 percent.
- Use an 8 step process to transform current courses into high impact, learner-centred courses.
- Manage classrooms more effectively.
- Apply the latest adult learning theories to design and delivery.
- Accelerate learning in special situations such as computer training and technical training.
- Create powerful new ways to demonstrate the results of their training.
Who is the Boot Camp Aimed at?
- Beginning trainers looking to develop and enhance participant-centred training skills.
- Experienced trainers who want to improve the results of their training and connection with their audience.
- Learning and development professionals looking to connect more deeply with their audiences.
- Subject Matter Experts looking to add more involvement to their delivery of training programs.
- Private and public sector providers of seminars, conferences and workshops.
- Continuing professional education providers and trainers.
What have people said about their Boot Camp Experience?
“The positive aspect of this training was the content of the workshop, presenter’s ability and the content. I thoroughly enjoyed the workshop and was able to gain a lot of useful and practical information to implement into my training organisation. Very beneficial!” .
J Pourre - Up Skill Training & Development
“A professional course meeting my trainer expectations and requirements”.
M Allen - Australian Aerospace
“The wide range of training activities modelled the theory very effectively and gave the participants many opportunities to practice and discuss.
It was a very interactive 2 day course, presented at a fast and enjoyable rate”.
N Marr - Charles Sturt University
“A fantastic program which has provided me with a huge number of ideas”.
Stephen Dowling - ETM Management Training
“I ran two classes this week and was able to use many of the tools we went over in the boot camp. The boot camp was good and really makes me think every time I get training if I am using the tools to ensure engagement and retention. Thanks!” .
Treasure Addis-Mills - ResMed
“I enjoyed learning new concepts to add to education and training to engage students in learning opportunities. The trainer was able to present the information in an engaging way that not only provide the information but put the examples into an actual learning experience!”
H North - Oracle Education
“Excellent interactive learning”.
B Ryan - Laser & Sign Technology
“I will be trying some of the things we used in the boot camp at work. There were some good ideas”.
M Ansley - Racing Queensland Limited
“Great trainer and filled a need (I find it hard to find PD for me as a trainer)”.
M Stout - Choice Training
“The Boot Camp totally changed my outlook on the way we do things now at work, the way we design our training materials, the formats and activities and real participant centred learning”.
Gavin Dore – Chep Australia
How can I ask Questions?